So you think you're the Opus type?
At Opus, we have many different types of people… It is our belief that the right balance of diversity and inclusion drives better business performance and enables high performance through greater creativity.
Why Choose Us?
At Opus, we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme where you can structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Our employees have a large range of benefits available to them. These include:-
- Holidays with the option to buy or sell additional days;
- Sick Leave;
- Bonus Scheme;
- OpusFlex, where up to 14 benefits can be purchased via “salary exchange” enhancing any tax or NI savings e.g. childcare vouchers, mobile phones, car leasing, bikes to work, travel insurance, medical and dental insurance and gym membership to name a few;
- OpusSave – staff discounts at hundreds of retailers such as supermarkets, high street stores and holiday companies;
- Professional Fees – appropriate professional membership fees relevant to your role will be paid by the company;
- Flexible working hours;
- An award-winning training and personal development programme.
Development and Training
Our goal is simple, to be "a great place to work”. We want to retain our best talent in the business, this is what gives us our competitive edge. We want employees to feel valued and proud of the work they do.
One of our core company values is developing our people to their full potential. We have won multiple awards for leadership and people development, including Constructing Excellence Awards (Leadership and People Development), Women in Construction Awards (Staff Training and Development), as well as Investors in People accreditation.
- Internal and external training;
- Postgraduate study;
- Management training;
- Professional development and mentoring;
- A Learning Academy offering quality training and development for the whole team.
Our business is built on a vibrant culture. We enjoy working together and coming up with creative and technically brilliant solutions that exceed the client's expectations.
As a company we are strongly driven by our values:
- Strong client relationships
- Excellent service delivery
- Respect for and sharing of knowledge
- Developing our people to their potential
- Urgency through empowerment
- Sharing and enjoying success
We support our people in a number of ways including:
- Respect for and sharing technical expertise across our global networks
- Celebrating excellence through our annual Opus awards
- Employee assistance programme
- Sporting and social events
Why CHoose Hertfordshire?
"Hertfordshire - County of Opportunity"
At Hertfordshire County Council, we can give you the opportunity to make a real difference to your community, and give something back whilst working on challenging and exciting projects. It's a chance to improve the area you live in, increasing quality of life and safety for the local community.
County Hall, where HCC calls home, is a short commute from most parts of the county and has a excellent facilities and work environment including a stylish canteen with fresh food and even a Costa Coffee.