Opus completed a new store for Vision Express’ high profile Oxford Street store
A key feature was the removal of the existing stairway and installing a new staircase that wraps around the historic central dividing wall.
Key features include:
- Removing the existing stairway, between the ground and the basement, and installing a new staircase that wraps around the historic central dividing wall
- Analysis and assessment of the existing structure of the building and proposed load path changes to ensure stability of the building is maintained
- Installing a new stairway through the core of the building
- Removing the chimney breast and wall on the first floor to provide an open plan “luxury eyewear” zone
- Installing a feature void “the eye” through the floor, towards the front of the building.
“The building has encompassed a comprehensive internal re-design, to create a visually stunning customer environment spread across three floors.” Jonathan Lawson, Vision Express Chief Executive Officer.