Our contaminated land specialists are situated in local offices, providing a rapid and cost effective services to clients, but also benefit from our wider expertise which is shared between our teams across the world.
We ensure that our technical advice and fieldwork procedures remain at the forefront of industry best practice, allowing a comprehensive assessment of contamination sources, transport and exposure.
We provide services to landowners, developers, funders and other interested parties, identifying risk based solutions that satisfy statutory requirements.
Our core services in the UK include assessing the suitability of Brownfield Land for commercial and residential development under the National Planning Policy Framework as well as assisting Local Authorities in the determination of contaminated land under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. In addition we regularly perform due diligence contamination assessments for land transactions to identify environmental liabilities that may impact upon asset value.
Our contaminated land specialists often work in multi-disciplinary teams with other Opus and non-Opus professionals to ensure a successful project outcome that meets environmental, engineering and legislative requirements. We can offer various complementary services such as geotechnical engineering, archaeological monitoring and ecological services.
The combination of all these competencies and complementary services ensures that Opus are able to offer our clients a range of options for managing their particular site issues in a timely, cost efficient and risk aware manner.
OUR EXPERIENCE IN THE UK
Our contaminated land services include:
- Preliminary investigation – desk study and conceptual site model
- Intrusive investigation of soil and groundwater
- Quantitative risk assessment for human health and controlled waters
- Hydrogeological studies
- Ground gas risk assessment
- Remediation options appraisal
- Remediation strategy and verification plan
- Procurement of remediation works and contract administration
- Supervision of remediation works, verification testing and reporting
- Ecological risk assessment for contaminated land
- Waste management and Environmental Permitting
- Material management plans and Qualified Person declarations
- Acquisition / divestment / due diligence / compliance environmental audits
- Pollution incident response
- Expert witness / legal work
Opus is able to provide contaminated land assessment reports prepared under the National Quality Mark Scheme for Land Contamination Management (NQMS) by a Suitably Qualified Person (SQP).